Wearing a back brace is not always as pleasing as it seems. Whether you need to wear it for a longer period or for a transitory phase, you have to make up your mind about it. In order to get through the process with much less discomfort, you’d want to focus on keeping your body in a healthy state.
Upon doctor’s recommendation, if you have bought the best back support belt to treat your lower back pain then be prepared for small adjustments initially and stay positive. It is imperative to follow your health care expert’s instructions regularly so you can get the most out of wearing the brace.
If you’re still pondering upon the matter of how support belts work then keep reading this post. We are going to explore ways to deal with the belt effectively.
So, let’s get started!
1. Making it through the Initial Adjustment Period
When you have just got the best back support belt in your home and you start trying it. It takes a few days to get used to it and soon you’ll become comfortable wearing it.
- Expect slightly uncomfortable days: In the beginning, your belt feels like a prison for your torso. This is where your doctor can assist you to make some adjustments to your brace to give you a better fit. It is essential you monitor your pain levels closely and communicate to your physician as early as possible.
- Learn the Process of Wearing a Brace on your own: Initially, you may need your near and dear ones to help strap in and out. Just watch their movements and take the ideas for the future. You can start practicing in front of a mirror as it allows you to see how you move and how the brace is strapped around your lower back.
- Look after your Skin under the Brace: It is important to check your skin daily for its redness which may happen due to moisture locked in or by rubbing too much. To protect your skin, buy light cotton tight shirts and wear them underneath your brace. Only buy seamless shirts.
- Modify some of your Body Movements: It's a new change for your body so be patient with yourself especially when you’ve just started wearing the back support belt. You may be more comfortable with a sleeping position but you may want to change it when wearing your brace.
2. Try to Remain Positive
Keep yourself positive while you’re wearing a brace. Visualize the end results i.e. to keep the back straight and body in a healthy state.
- Create a List of your Hopes: Grab a pen and paper and jot down all the things you want to see when you remove your brace. Stay positive and calm and see things that you can visualize. Whenever you feel a rush of negative emotions, look at your list of hopes.
- Be Confident: Even when you are wearing a brace, make sure to keep your head up and look people straight in the eye. Avoid crossing your arms across your chest in a closed posture. Instead, keep your arms open. This shows others that you're a confident person.
3. Expect the Best Results
After a few days of wearing a back support belt, you can expect to see some wonderful results in your body.
- Taking Good Care of Braces: You need to make sure that the belt you’re using is in proper shape. Check your brace weekly for any visible damage. Wash and deodorize the belt with mild soap and be sure to dry it in the open air.
- Schedule your Times of Wearing the Brace: Keep regular track of how many hours a day you need to wear a brace and how many hours you put it on. It is essential to wear the back support belt for the amount of time recommended by your doctor. Add time to your schedule for wearing the brace.
- Interact with your Doctor Openly: Prior to visiting the doctor’s place, write down a list of your questions and concerns that you may have. Get straight with the aspects you want to discuss with your doctor on priority. In case you need more discussion time, don’t be hesitant to make another appointment. Besides, if you are bogged down emotionally, you may schedule a consultation with a therapist so you can talk about your fears and hopes too.
Indeed, a well-designed and fitted back support belt can do wonders for a patient as an effective remedy for an injury or post-surgery recovery. Our high-quality braces help injured tissues to heal and allow the patient to return to their normal activity plan which wouldn’t be possible without a brace. In this process, the patient feels less pain and discomfort too.
Now that you have all the information and selection of products right in front of you, feel free to explore the Medbarn store and see what fits you.