When can I use an Abdominal Binder?
An abdominal binder is a wide compression belt made from elastic that encloses your abdomen. Some have Velcro or hook and loop closures, while others might have straps that hold surgical drainage tubes in place. Coming in many sizes and widths, these medical wonders can speed up your recovery process, relieve pain, provide support to the affected area, and help you with your daily activities.
Functions of Abdominal Binders
If you are wondering why would you need to wear an abdominal binder, the reasons are numerous. The most common reasons why you would need one of these healing garments are typically related to surgery or childbirth, or both. They support the abdominal region following surgery, C-section, and childbirth, providing compression for the lower lumbar area.
Many doctors may recommend that you wear an abdominal binder after you have experienced:
How To Use An Abdominal Binder?
An abdominal binder may be worn up to six weeks, or all throughout the duration of your recovery, depending on the type of surgery. In order to determine your size, you need to measure the widest part of your body that the binder will cover which is usually the hips. For men, that part is the waist.
The first step is to put the binder on while lying down before you get out of bed. As you progress with your recovery, you can start putting in on while standing. The second step is to lift your hips and slip the binder under your back, making sure the binder covers at least 1” inch below the incision. Tighten it to your comfort level, making it snug but not too tight. Make sure it is even and that there are no wrinkles. Do not forget to allow your skin to breathe several times a day by opening the binder while lying down.
Benefits of Wearing a Gabrialla Abdominal Binder
The new and revolutionary Gabrialla Shaping Lingerie Collection was engineered and developed to decrease early postoperative pain and reduce psychological distress. The garments are carefully made from the most natural, breathable, and antibacterial materials that will give your skin a nourished and rejuvenated look. Apart from reshaping your body and improving the lines of your figure, Gabrialla’s abdominal binders may:
● Speed up the postpartum healing process: Gabrialla’s abdominal binders promote healing through compression. During your nine months of pregnancy, your baby takes up a lot of space in your body, stretching your muscles to the limit. The baby pushes the organs out of the way and it takes a lot of time for your organs to return to their pre-pregnancy locations. With the effortless help of Gabrialla’s abdominal binders, this process can be speeded up. No matter if you had a c-section or a natural childbirth, this compression garment works wonders for your body.
● Speed up the post-surgical healing process in your abdominal area: Gabrialla’s abdominal binders are recommended for people who have gone through tummy tuck or abdominoplasty in order to heal faster. The binders offer support and encourage your body and internal organs to heal. These compression garments can also enhance proper circulation, keeping your torso more stable. Moreover, women who have had their uterus removed, might find the binders especially helpful. Wearing an abdominal binder after hysterectomy can keep your torso stable, support your surgical incision, relieve pain, and get you moving more.
● Offer muscle support after pregnancy: Gabrialla’s abdominal binders can strengthen your abdominal muscles. The compression helps them snap back from being stretched to accommodate your baby.
● Help your incision heal faster: Wearing one of the delicately made Gabrialla’s abdominal binders may speed up the healing of your incision wound. This is enabled thanks to the compression that increases blood flow to that area and helps reduce the swelling around your incision.
● Relieve menstrual discomfort: Specifically designed for a woman’s body, hugging the waist and flaring out over the hips, Gabrialla’s abdominal binders are sometimes used to relieve menstrual discomfort.
● Help with obesity: Gabrialla’s abdominal binders can offer assistance to overweight individuals. Wearing one might improve balance, weight redistribution, and provide a general slimming effect.